Sunday 22 January 2017

2017 Goals - Summary

Hello 2017.

With the massive bastard of a year we called 2016 behind us, it's time to quit dragging my heels and be a little more active on the hobby front.

I didn't set any hobby targets for last year. This was mostly down to a big change in my working life (I went self employed) it wasn't clear how much time would be available with this shift in working - so setting goals because gauging my free time seemed counterproductive. Happily it was more than expected and I completed 58 models, large and small, and attended two fantastic courses to understand how to paint better.

With a good idea of my working plan for the first half of the year, this led me to think about better structure for 2017 and pushing out of the comfort zone - but keeping it achievable. You can read more on the following two posts:
Most of you will be familiar with the concept of SMART goals. For this purpose I've opted for the definitions to be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-related. In layman's terms this means I'm picking figures, planning to finish them, think I can, ensuring they're related to a project and will be done this year. Easy!

Right?