Monday 13 February 2017

Uncle Meat


Sculpted by the wonderfully talented Jacques-Alexandre Gillois, this has been sat in my WIP pile for quite some time. In fact since April last year when picking it up at Salute. It's so ridiculously detailed that I wasn't sure it would be done justice by my skills at the time - but now felt like the right time.



I wanted an unhealthy feel to him, but quite practical with it. His only real concession to colour is the chainsaw and a little use of green and blue on the visor and boots. Obviously the visor should be transparent, so I just tried to echo the sky.

Very pleased this one's finally done, and if you want to see how it's done properly then visit the Miniature Factory website to see their studio versions - which are so beautifully done it's a little depressing.