Monday 18 March 2019

Armored Containers pt.2

A good 18 months have passed since I painted a few of these, but with the Conquest models coming thick and fast, I needed to start clearing space on the WIP desk, so here we are.


To everyone's surprise, including mine, they're clean with not a speck of rust or weathering on them! I didn't start out with that plan, but when it came to weathering time ... I couldn't bring myself to do it. The idea of clean pieces on the board, for once, was too appealing.

Recipe is simple enough and should go well for Imperial Fists. They're primed black, basecoated with Scrofulous Brown, then adding more and more Sun Yellow until that's the final highlight then for edging, Ice Yellow. I opted for silver and not copper/brass to keep the contrast high, and blue for the lights to fit with the last set of armoured containers.